st: GLLAMM: how fast for models with latent variables?

From   Philippe Huber <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: GLLAMM: how fast for models with latent variables?
Date   Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:50:52 +0200

Hello all,

I am just new here. I started using Stata this week because I want to estimate models with latent variables. I’m trying to use gllamm and I am a little bit confused.

My model is rather simple: there are 10 manifest variables (5 normal and 5 binomial), 2 latent variables (or factors) and no covariates. I experienced that the latent variables have free variance and the first loading for each is set to 1. Is it possible to free these loadings and set the factors variances to 1?

Secondly, I used 8 adaptive quadrature points and my sample is only 60 observations big. Is it normal that Stata needs about 25 minutes to find a result (I have a 1900MHz CPU)? Am I doing something wrong?

I thank you for you help.

Sincerely

Philippe Huber

Department of Econometrics