RE: st: looping with augmented dickey fuller test

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: looping with augmented dickey fuller test
Date   Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:40:04 +0100

Dev Vencappa

> Ernest, Nick
>  many thanks to you both for your solutions which work
> finely. I have rewritten the command to accomodate my
> dataset based on what one of you suggested as follows:
>
> local z "netprem disclm elr solv"
> foreach k of local z{
> forvalues x=1/19{
> preserve
> keep if comcode==`x'
> tsset year
> postfile myhandledf  comcode dfstat`k' using
> "c:\unitroot\dfunitrootlag`k'comp`x'", replace
> summ AICoptlag`k' if comcode==`x', mean
> dfuller `k', lags(`r(mean)') reg
> scalar DFSTAT`k'=r(Zt)
> post myhandledf (`x') (DFSTAT`k')
> postclose myhandledf
> restore
> }
> postutil clear
> }
>

>  Above seems to be doing exactly what I wanted it to do.

Thanks for this.

If I understand you correctly, you are splitting
the results of one analysis among 76 different files.

I guess that questions can go validly in both
directions, and I'm very curious here.

Why is this what you want to do?
Don't these results belong together?