st: AW: ologit

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: AW: ologit
Date   Mon, 13 Oct 2003 02:35:39 -0400

hm, I don't think ordered regression has a reference group, it just gives
you one b which estimates the effect of X over all the outcomes, assuming
proportional odds. There is a reference group in multinomial logit (mlogit)
which does not assume an ordering (e.g., professions as outcome categories).
You can change the reference group in multinomial regression using the
"basecategory(whatever)" option.

Henry

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]Im Auftrag von Abomohammad
Q. Kamaluddin
Gesendet: Sonntag, 12. Oktober 2003 21:22
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: ologit

Hi list member,
I�m using the ologit model that has three categories.
The output I get refers to the last group (group that
takes the value of 3) and gives result accordinly.
My question is, how would I specify that the output
should take group 1 or group 2 as the reference group?

Thanks

http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search