Re: st: some details about gllapred and gllasim

From   Sophia Rabe-Hesketh <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: some details about gllapred and gllasim
Date   Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:49:59 +0100

Dear Shige Song,

gllapred is for prediction and gllasim for simulation.

gllasim simulates responses and/or latent variables
from the model using pseudorandom numbers (giving
different results each time, unless you set the
random number seed). This can be used to generate
data from a model, for instance to check how close
the estimates for the simulated data are to the truth.

gllapred predicts responses/and or latent variables
(giving the same result each time). Loosely speaking,
a prediction is a 'best guess' of the realization
of a random variable, based on the model and (other)
data.

See http://www.gllamm.org for information on these
commands.

Best wishes,