Re: st: RE: Opening a second log when one is already open

From   "Renzo Comolli" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Opening a second log when one is already open
Date   Wed, 8 Oct 2003 03:39:59 -0400

First of all I want to thank Nick Cox and Kit Baum.
I did not have time to look at Kit's suggestion today, but I will soon.

As far as Nick's solutions (using his numbers)

0. If one is willing to do two passes than there are many solutions. For my
purposes I could do it with something like
. if $pass==1 { log using "log_all" }
. if $pass==2 { log using "log_only_the_following_little_piece" }

1. quite good idea. Thanks!!

2. I like the idea of the proposed -to- command
. to <filename>, <to_options> : <command>

Due to the fact that I would use it, I am probably biased.
I think people would use it, if there were an option allowing to save the
"piece" as html (based on the same technology as Nick's log2html).

I am not sure what difference it makes in terms of programming, but rather
than a
. to <filename>, <to_options> : <command>
. to <filename>, append : <command>
I would prefer
. to <filename>, <to_options> { <command> }
So to be able to have in case of need to save time
. to <filename>, <to_options> {
<command>
<command>
}