st: RE: Re: Length of lines with -translate- and -log2html-

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Length of lines with -translate- and -log2html-
Date   Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:22:05 +0100

Thanks. I understand now.

What I should have said was that -log2html-
has the aim of a straight translation from SMCL to HTML,
among other things rendering continuation lines faithfully.
Nowhere, I believe, does it claim that it will recombine
what Stata split into multiple lines, i.e. reverse the
formation of continuation lines.

You need a text editor (for one-off changes) or a
post-processor (for routine work) to do this.