st: Constrained gompertz estimation

From   "ZIMMER, ZACHARY" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Constrained gompertz estimation
Date   Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:07:02 -0400

I am estimating a survival function using a gompertz distribution using
STREG.  For example, I am estimating survival time with covariates age, sex,
marital status, etc. using a gompertz distribution for the survival curve. I
would like to constrain my age coefficient to be equal to the baseline
hazard function.  Does this imply constraining my variable age to be equal
to the ancillary parameter (gamma)?  If so, how do I specify the STATA
command for doing this?  If not, what would be the correct constraint?

Much thanks.  z.