st: overlay bar and line graph

From   "Douglas Thomas" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: overlay bar and line graph
Date   Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:55:11 -0600

Hi
I have looked all through manuals and web to do something in Stata 8 that I thought would be straightfoward and simple. I need to overlay a bar and line graph. The data are not twoway. The x axis is categorical not numerical ( I say this because I have seen the twoway overlaid graphs option). On the X axis are days of the week. On the y axis I want both raw numbers of responses to a simple question (yes and no) represented by two bars and then also i want a line showing the percentage of responses that are no (so there would be another y scale (percent). Is this possible to do? I have inserted a sample copy of the graph crated in Excel.

Thanks,

Doug Thomas

Anderson Schools of Management
University of New Mexico