st: listing multiple info with the by command

From   "Robert Bozick" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: listing multiple info with the by command
Date   Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:52:01 -0400

Good morning/afternoon listers -

I working on a project with clustered data (students within schools).  I need to write a program that produces output that I can distribute back to the individual schools to inform them about discrepancies in the data they provided.

The variables I am working with are:
schoolid = school level id
stuid = student id (social security #)
discrep1....discrep5 = dummy variables coded 1 if there is discrepant information on certain items

Here is what I want to do:
I want to create a program that lists out student ids for each discrepant indicator that is coded 1.

I know that I can write a simple command like:
by schoolid: list stuid if discrep1 == 1

Two questions:
(1) How do I write the program so that I can incorporate all discrep variables before moving to the next schoolid (i.e. so that it will list all student ids when discrep == 1, then when discrep2 == 1, etc. before moving onto the next school)

(2) Is there a command that I include to tell STATA to make a page break between each school's id so that I can have a separate report for each school that lists out all the student ids for each 'discrepant' variable?