Re: st: Epidemiological Confounder Selection

From   Jay Kaufman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Epidemiological Confounder Selection
Date   Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:03:53 -0400

Salah Mahmud wrote:

> Does anyone know of a Stata routine to perform confounder selection
> using a selected change-in-estimate criterion and backwards deletion?

I believe that the user-written routine you cite (epiconf.ado) does
indeed use a change in estimate approach, not a testing based approach.
The epiconf.ado output gives p-values in the table, but the variables
are selected for dropping based on the change in the effect parameter.