st: RE: RE: RE: repeating the same analysis for each stratum

From   Phung Lang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: repeating the same analysis for each stratum
Date   Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:54:35 +0200

Many thanks to Thi Minh, Carrie and Bryan for their helpful comments.  I
tried to run the short program TM suggested, but found that it does not
work for all 26 strata.  It does the analysis for only one stratum and then
stops, saying that there are no more observations in the database or a
certain variable cannot be found (which is not originally in the database).
Is it suppose to loop, so that the analysis is repeated for each of the 26
stratum? If not, how can it be corrected so that it will loop 26 times, for
each stratum?

Here are my survey settings:
pweight is fwtia
strata is kt
psu is cluster

and the program:

forvalues k= 1(1) 26 {
  drop if kt~=`k'
  do test.do
  }

After running the analysis for the first stratum, then it reads:

end of do-file
(572 observations deleted) ORIGINALLY THERE ARE 11,936 OBSERVATIONS

It then tries to repeat the analysis for the next stratum, and:

. version 7.0

. xi: svylogit shotdi4 i.meduc, or
variable __0000KL not found  (I DO NOT HAVE THIS VARIABLE IN THE DATABASE)

Any idea how to fix this? Once more, thank you for your help in advance.

Phung