st: How to place text inside a bar chart / Stata 8 SE - win2k

From   "Wolfram an der Heiden" <[email protected]>
To   "Statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: How to place text inside a bar chart / Stata 8 SE - win2k
Date   Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:18:53 +0200

Dear statalisters,

I have produced the following simple bar chart:

graph bar (asis) exper contrl, over(task) .....

where exper and contrl show the percentage of people in a patient and in a
control group above a certain cutpoint in 6 different scales (task).
Everything works fine, as a result I get a 6 times 2 bar chart.
Now the problem: I would like to insert some explanatory text inside the
graph with the added_text_option:

text(#y #x "text")

Unfortunately, as this is not a two-way graph #x will be ignored. How can I
locate a text box relative to one of the 6 specific 'task' bars?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Wolfram

***************************************
Dr. Wolfram an der Heiden, Dipl.-Psych.
Deputy Head
Schizophrenia Research Group
Central Institute of Mental Health
J5
D-68159 Mannheim
Fon: +49 (0)621 1703 723
Fax: +49 (0)621 1703 266
mail: [email protected]
***************************************
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:an der Heiden;Wolfram;;Dr.
FN:an der Heiden, Wolfram
ORG:Central Institute of Mental Health;Schizophrenia Research Unit
TITLE:Deputy Head
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+49 (0621) 1703 723
TEL;WORK;FAX:+49 (0621) 1703 266
ADR;WORK:;;J5;Mannheim;;68159;Deutschland
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:J5=0D=0AMannheim 68159=0D=0ADeutschland
URL;WORK:http://www.zi-mannheim.de/
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[email protected]
REV:20021001T115501Z
END:VCARD