st: New versions of -parmest- and -dsconcat- on SSC

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: New versions of -parmest- and -dsconcat- on SSC
Date   Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:47:42 +0100

Fellow Statalisters:

Thanks to Kit Baum, there are now new versions of -dsconcat- and -parmest- (again!) downloadable from SSC.

The -dsconcat- and -parmest- packages are described as below on my website. The new versions fix bugs in the -subset()- option of -dsconcat- and the -list()- options of -parmest- and -parmby-, respectively. Both of these options are complex and can contain varlists and/or -if- clauses and/or -in- clauses. The bugs caused the programs to fail if the -if- clause contained an expression containing a quoted string surrounded by blank spaces. I have now fixed these bugs. (This was done by altering the syntax of these options to -string asis-.)

I would like to thank Nick Cox for suggesting that, as a matter of programming style, I ought to use more blank spaces in formulae, because this was how I discovered these bugs last night.

Best wishes

Roger

package dsconcat from http://www.kcl-phs.org.uk/rogernewson/stata7

TITLE
dsconcat: Concatenate a list of Stata data files into the memory

DESCRIPTION/AUTHOR(S)
dsconcat is a multiple-file version of use. It takes, as input, a list of
filenames, assumed to belong to Stata data files, and creates a new data set
in memory, containing a concatenation of all or a subset of the observations
and variables in all the input data sets. The observations are ordered
primarily by source data set and secondarily by order of observations within
source data set. Optionally, dsconcat creates new variables specifying, for
each observation, the source data set of origin and/or the sequential order
of the observation within its source data set of origin.

Author: Roger Newson
Distribution-Date: 22july2003
Stata-Version: 7

INSTALLATION FILES (click here to install)
dsconcat.ado
dsconcat.hlp

package parmest from http://www.kcl-phs.org.uk/rogernewson/stata8

TITLE
parmest: Convert estimation results to a data set with 1 obs per parameter

DESCRIPTION/AUTHOR(S)
parmest creates an output data set, with 1 observation per parameter of the
most recent estimation results, and variables corresponding to parameter names,
estimates, standard errors, z- or t-test statistics, P-values, confidence
limits and other parameter attributes. parmby is a quasi-byable extension to
parmest, which calls an estimation command, and creates a new data set, with 1
observation per parameter if the by() option is unspecified, or 1 observation
per parameter per by-group if the by() option is specified. The output data
set may be listed to the Stata log and/or saved to a file and/or retained in
memory (overwriting any pre-existing data set).

Author: Roger Newson
Distribution-Date: 22july2003
Stata-Version: 8

INSTALLATION FILES (click here to install)
parmest.ado
parmest.hlp
parmby.ado
parmby.hlp

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
Department of Public Health Sciences
King's College London
5th Floor, Capital House
42 Weston Street
London SE1 3QD
United Kingdom

Tel: 020 7848 6648 International +44 20 7848 6648
Fax: 020 7848 6620 International +44 20 7848 6620
or 020 7848 6605 International +44 20 7848 6605
Email: [email protected]
Website: http://www.kcl-phs.org.uk/rogernewson

Opinions expressed are those of the author, not the institution.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/