Re: st: bs expression list has a limite on the number of character?

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, Stata Corp.)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: bs expression list has a limite on the number of character?
Date   Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:20:44 -0500

Jun Xu <[email protected]> asks if there is a limit on the size of the
expression list accepted by -bootstrap-:

> One dumb question about the bs command. I am writing some codes that invoke
> bootstrap in this routine. However, it seems that the number of characters
> in the expression list is limited in the bs command. Not sure if this is the
> case. The following are the results grabbed from the resutls window after I
> run the bs command.

I was able to reproduce the problem and found a small bug in -bootstrap-.
Basically, -bootstrap- tried to save the expression as a label (in the dataset
it generates), but the expression is much larger than the 80 character limit
for labels.  An update to -bootstrap- should be available in the next ado
update.

--Jeff