st: Re:using the SJ LaTeX style files

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re:using the SJ LaTeX style files
Date   Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:22:10 -0400

On Monday, Jul 14, 2003, at 02:33 US/Eastern, Alfonso wrote:

I would like to type a paper in the Stata journal latex format. I have Scientific Word 3.0. Is it possible to install the SJ style files to work with SW3.0? What should I do?
IMHO you would be much better off just doing it in MikTeX with WinEDT (presuming that you are using SW for Windows). It is certainly possible to install the style files in SciWord, but the last time I tried to do something like that, SW kept changing the backticks essential to Stata macros every time I opened the document. I finally gave up and just edited the LaTeX.

http://www.miktex.org/
http://www.winedt.com/

or, for a purely open source solution (involving an OS upgrade),

http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.html (making use of teTeX and pdflatex)

Kit Baum
Assoc Editor, SJ

*