-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Todd Wagner
Sent: 14. juli 2003 18:21
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: RE: RE: RE: proportion as a dependent variable

I think you are referring to the fractional logit (flogit).  These models
are discussed (briefly) in Wooldridge's book.  Also there is a talk by John
Mullahy, see http://lhcwww.soph.uab.edu/presentation.pdf.

It is a relatively simple model and can be run with Stata.

glm <dv>  <iv's> , link(logit) family(binomial) robust

As Mullahy's talk shows, it is critical to use the robust option.

Todd