st: apply frontier's conditional mean model to panel data.

From   "Wu, Xun" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: apply frontier's conditional mean model to panel data.
Date   Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:06:47 -0400

Dear all,

My question is about frontier's conditional mean model. I appreciate the
advice from Weihua. I also notice from the manual (pp423 of Frontier) that
"You can, in fact, apply frontier's conditional mean model to panel data".

My question is that whether I can obtain the "within" effects with this
method with my panel data. It is like using Xtreg, where it fits
fixed-effects (within) with panel data. We might just add firm dummies
besides the exogenous variables or demean the exogenous variables. However,
I have almost 10,000 firms, which I am afraid won't work with my intercooled
Stata.

Best,
Xun