st: histogram title

From   "Sarah A. Mustillo" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: histogram title
Date   Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:26:00 -0400

Hi -

I am trying to learn how to use the new graphing features in version 8, with some difficulty. Right now I am trying to title a twoway histogram with the by() option. Because I am using the by() option, I get several separate histograms instead of one. When I use the title() option, it titles each histogram separately. I am wondering if there is a way to just have one title spanning the top of the page, instead of a title for each one, but I cannot find an example of this in the manual.

Also, as long as I am posting, how do you remove the text line that appears in the bottom left, stating the by() variables (e.g., "graphs by race and sex")?

Thank you!

Sarah

Sarah A. Mustillo, Ph.D
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Duke University School of Medicine
Box 3454
Durham NC 27710

919 687-4686 x241