Re: st: multinomial choice with panel data

From   Larissa Campuzano <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: multinomial choice with panel data
Date   Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:22:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Guanghi,

It seems to me that your problem can be adressed with a model developed by
Cameron & Heckman, the reference is Cameron, S & Heckman J (2001) "The
dynamics of educational attainment for Black, Hispanic & White
Males" Journal of Political Economy 109:3 455-499.
With that model you can include lagged variables (no inconsistency
problems), and you can control for correlation for women across
periods. Although you would still will have the problem of controling
for clusters, plus this method is not canned so you have to do some
programming to implement it. Hope this helps.

Larissa