st: ado dir behavior bug?

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ado dir behavior bug?
Date   Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:33:50 -0500

I had log2html installed previously. It was listed as

[12] ...

in my ado dir view window output.

I typed,

. ssc install log2html, replace

and got,

checking log2html consistency and verifying not already installed...

the following files will be replaced:
~/ado/plus/l/log2html.ado
~/ado/plus/l/log2html.hlp

installing into ~/ado/plus/...
installation complete

Yet when I look in my ado dir by typing view ado dir, I _still_ have both versions of log2html. I have to manually remove the old version. This happens for all ssc installs. I don't think this behavior is helpful or expected, because I asked it to be replaced when I typed "replace".

I view this as a bug.

-Dave

*
* For searches and help try: