Re: st: Time series Poisson regression

From   David Jacobs <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Time series Poisson regression
Date   Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:02:36 -0400

One problem using count estimators in a time-series design concerns the difficulty correcting count estimators for serial correlation. I've seen corrections (implemented by authors) mentioned in a few journal articles, but I am not aware of any statistical package that does this. In fact, most of the diagnostic tests for problems with time series estimation are not available for count estimators. Stata does give users a Newey West option for count models in GLM and this step also corrects for heteroskedasticity, so if you have difficulties with serial correlation, you might try this expedient.

Dave Jacobs