st: RE: Using Stata 8 data files in Stata 6

From   Jisheng Cui <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: Using Stata 8 data files in Stata 6
Date   Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:06:45 +1000

I wonder if add "version 6" in your Stata program is helpful as it should be
as designed.

Jisheng Cui.
University of Melbourne

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Adam Chapman
Sent: Tuesday, 10 June 2003 10:41 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Using Stata 8 data files in Stata 6

Many thanks for help on my previous query.  I hope someone can help me with
this one:

I've been trying to use a Stata 8 data file in Stata 6, but keep getting
the error message "file not Stata format".  Is there a (relatively easy)
way of transforming Stata 8 files so that they are able to be used in Stata
6 ?

The command 'saveold' saves Stata 8 data in Stata 7 format, and doesn't
help in using Stata 6, or so it appears.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Adam Chapman
School of Health Sciences
Deakin University