st: re. printing graphs.

From   "Alan Acock" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject   st: re. printing graphs.
Date   Sun, 1 Jun 2003 09:46:05 -0700

This may be a solution if you have not already done it. When printing, pick
printer properties. Under some tab you probably have print "grey scale".
Alan Acock
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 19:07:35 +0200
From: "Jonathan Kaplan" <[email protected]>
Subject: st: printing problems: Graph in Word

Using Stata 8 latest update, with Win 98SE and XP and Word 2000:

I'm having problems printing Stata graphs after they have been inserted in a
Word document.

Curiously the histogram looks correct when viewed in  Word on the screen and
in "show print", however when i print the Word document the histogram looks
black- almost a negative with faint white lines and no legends. The graph is
inserted in emf format.

I've updated the printer drivers for my two printers Lexmark E320( WIN98SE)
and HP6P(WinXP), I've tried "print as graphics" and tried different graph
preferences in Stata. The graphs prints correctly when printed directly from
Stata.

suggestions?

JK