Re: st: RE: 3D Graph problem

From   "D.Christodoulou" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: 3D Graph problem
Date   Tue, 27 May 2003 18:17:13 +0100

Sincere thanks for the answer Nick,

The problem is exactly as you described it. I try and do something about
it... hopefully
If I manage to run the programme in the end I will let you know.
in any case, thanks for the help

> I think Adrian has dropped off the list.
>
> Looking at the program my guess is that you are merely
> seeing the wrong error message. -surface- tries to construct
> a matrix called -xlines- but fails if there are too many unique x
> values and tries another approach.  It tries to keep
> you informed:
>
> if rowsof(xlines)>_N/2 | `error'>0 {
>         di in red "WARNING the x-variable contains too many unique values
> attempting to round"
> }
>
> However, if the matrix xlines does not exist at this point then Stata
> will
> stop because it can't evaluate the expression rowsof(xlines)
> and for that reason will never even display the warning.
>
> As said this is a guess but it is testable: you can test
> it by a
>
> set trace on
>
> and seeing where the program stops.
>
> I doubt that there is a remedy short of fixing the program.
>
> Nick
> [email protected]

Dimitris Christodoulou
Associate Researcher
School for Business and Regional Development
University of Wales, Bangor
Hen Coleg
LL57 2DG Bangor
UK