[no subject]

Back in the days before Stata's -file- command, Nick Cox wrote an article
about log file manipulation using some unix tools:

STB-19  os13 . . . Using awk and fgrep for selective extraction from
log files
N. J. Cox
        5/94    pp.15--17; STB Reprints Vol 4, pp.78--80

My guess, however, is that most Stata users don't take advantage of these
tools and that an all-Stata solution would be better utilized.

So, Kit Baum has been kind enough to upload to SSC a new program I've
written called -cleanlog- that takes a plain text or SMCL log file as input
and writes a new log file cleaned of all command syntax. It also handles
long lines and removes some extraneous material such as the lines of dots
displayed for entertainment purposes by programs like bootstrap. I haven't
tested it very extensively with SMCL logs.

Thanks to Nick Cox for making significant improvements to the code.

Regards,

Lee

Lee Sieswerda, Epidemiologist
Thunder Bay District Health Unit