st: Why does my post not appear?

From   Marcello Pagano <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Why does my post not appear?
Date   Wed, 14 May 2003 11:32:24 -0400

Dear Listers,

The frequency of this question has risen again--must be the new wave of users--so let me address it on the list, again.

If your message to the list does not appear it is probably because of one of the following reasons:

1) You are not a member of the list--and you won't get this message!
2) You are a member, but the address from which you are attempting to post your message is different from the one you used to subscribe (the one where you receive statalist or statalist-digest).
3) You are attempting to send a formatted message; usually an html fomat. Please use the most vanilla formatting (ASCII) you can find.
4) Your message is too long.

If I were to guess, the most probable reason is #3, but sometimes, if we get too many bounced messages from your address, you will be unsubscribed. In this case, resubscribe and hope that the bouncing does not recur.

Because of our attempt to control spam, you will not be notified that your message did not get through. Sorry about that, but there are some nasties out there.

m.p.

Marcello Pagano
Biostatistics Department Tel: 1-617-432-4911
Harvard School of Public Health Fax: 1-617-739-1781
655 Huntington Avenue email:[email protected]
Boston, MA 02115 http://biosun1.harvard.edu/~bio200
USA

eppur si muove

*