Re: st: matsize question

From   "Oleksandr Talavera, BC" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: matsize question
Date   Mon, 05 May 2003 16:24:03 -0400

Adam J. Berinsky wrote:
> I am trying to run CLARIFY for a very large model (MNL -- 22
> variables; 7 oucomes) and stata is crashing. I think the problem may
> be that I can't set the matsize large enough to handle to var/covar
> matrix from the program. Is there any way that I can increase the
> matsize beyond 800. If not, soes anyone have any suggestions? thanks!

You need Stata/SE for that.
from "help matsize" :

For Stata/SE, the default value is 400, but it may be changed upward or downward. The upper limit is 11000.
For intercooled Stata, the initial value is 40, but it may be changed upward or downward. The upper limit is 800.

Best,
Sasha

> Adam Berinsky Assistant Professor of Politics Princeton University
>
> * * For searches and help try: *
> http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html *
> http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq *
> http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/