st: RE: question about F-test in svyreg

From   "Sayer, Bryan" <[email protected]>
To   "'[email protected] '" <[email protected]>, "'[email protected] '" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: question about F-test in svyreg
Date   Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:06:33 -0400

If you don't also have stratification and sampling weights, I suggest you
use the cluster() option with something other than the survey commands.
Numerator and denominator degrees of freedom in survey estimation is an
extended discussion, one which appear to be unnecessary in this case.

Bryan Sayer
Statistician, SSS Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Sent: 4/29/03 3:21 PM
Subject: st: question about F-test in svyreg

Hello --

I have a sample of approximately 100 teams from 5 organizations.
Because
there is non-independence across the teams within an organization, I'm
considering using svyreg with psu = 5 (for the five organizations).
When I
run this model, the F has ( 3 , 2) degrees of freedom.   I'm wondering
what
the F is testing, and how one interprets it in the svyreg function.  In
typical regression, the first number in the df is the number of
parameters/variables in the model (I have 11).     I'd appreciate any
information!

Sincerely,

Mary

Mary Zellmer-Bruhn