st: Re: double quotes in windows menu command

From   [email protected] (Alan Riley)
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: double quotes in windows menu command
Date   Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:56:35 -0500

Javier Escobal ([email protected]) wrote

> I am trying to call a file that is placed in a directory whose name has
> blank spaces:
>
> for example:
>
> window menu append item "stUser" "use file" `" use "C:\data\my
> databases\base with imputations.dta" , clear "'
>
> it doesn seem to work ...it works ok when I dont have blank spaces

Stata is currently stripping quotes from the action for the menu item.
We will fix this in a future update.  In the meantime, Javier can
work around the problem either by using the spaceless version of
the path (probably something like c:\data\mydata~1\basewi~1.dta)
or by creating a short ado-file to -use- the data and calling that
ado-file from the menu system:

   window menu append item "stUser" "use file" "usebase"

where -usebase- is a short ado-file:

   program define usebase
      version 8.0
      use "C:\data\my databases\base with imputations.dta" , clear
   end

--Alan
([email protected])