Re: st: meta-analysis

From   Rebecca Boehm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: meta-analysis
Date   Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:07:44 -0400

As I understand it, as long as you have the risk estimates and standard errors, meta is suitable. It will also give the forest plot. Funnel plots to assess publication bias, with either Begg's or Egger's style graphs, can be gotten with metabias. And finally, if you have heterogeneity to explore, metareg is the way to go.

I just completed my own meta-analysis using these programs. I hope that they are similarly useful to you.

Becky Boehm
Ph.D track, Biostatistics
Department of Biometry and Epidemiology
Medical University of South Carolina