st: Case-cohort study

From   Jonathan Golub <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Case-cohort study
Date   Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:45:43 -0400

Hello,
I have analyzed my dataset as a case-control study (via logistic
regression), and I am now interested in analyzing it as a case-cohort
study.  The only help I could find online or in the help section
suggests analyzing my data as survival time analysis which I do not
want to do.  Please tell me how it is possible to set my data so that
it can be analyzed as a case-cohort design, via logistic regression.
The problem I am having is that in order to use the entire population
(including cases) as my controls I need to define a case-control
variable that equals 1 for case and 0 for control, but all cases are
also controls. Thus, defining such a variable seems impossible.

Thank you,
Jonathan Golub