st: Re: Error creating metafile if filename too long

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Error creating metafile if filename too long
Date   Sun, 13 Apr 2003 17:29:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- george m hoffman md <[email protected]> wrote:
> i think this has something to with where you start stata (the
> current directory) vs. the default save folder for file types
> that are registered by another program (like .wmf, probably
> opens with paint or something, defaulting to '...\my documents'

Stata saves all graphs in the same directory by default, independent
of the output format. The problem may have something to do with the
length of the path but it only affects WMF files, not graphs exported
in other formats.

Friedrich Huebler