Re: st: collapse skips in STATA8SE

From   "b. water" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: collapse skips in STATA8SE
Date   Sat, 12 Apr 2003 21:22:32 +0000

harald,

fwiw, the last time i did this, it was as a part of a do file. the problem was resolved by adding version control -version7- at the beginning of my do file. you could try to do the same.

if it's a stand alone collapse command and it didn't work in stata8, i am afraid i am not able to help any further.

cheers,
bw

From: Harald Seider <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: collapse skips in STATA8SE
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 13:54:47 +0200

Hi there,

I am running STATA8SE (04.10.03 release) and faced a problem with the collapse command:

collapse (mean) age highlengstay lowlengstay (sum) d0age_11 d0age_12 d0age_13 d0age_14 totalvol=tempcount mort30 highcount highmort lowcount lowmort, by(year)

While in Stata7SE the command works properly, in Stata8SE it just skips some variables, i.e. not for all variables sums are calculated.
For the example cited above only means of age, highlengstay, and lowlengstay as well as sums of d0age_11, mort30, highvol, highmort, lowcount, and lowmort are calculated.

Has anybody an idea why it doesn't work correctly or has anybody faced a similar problem already (although I have looked for any contributions in this matter, I couldn't find any).

Thanks a lot

Harald Seider <[email protected]>

*
* For searches and help try: