st: RE: RE: RE: Displaying text without displaying the display text

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: Displaying text without displaying the display text
Date   Fri, 4 Apr 2003 19:15:03 +0100

Sayer, Bryan

> Thanks, but I left out one itsy-bitsy tinie-winie detail.
>
> I would like the first character of the line to be a form
> feed (ASCII 12).
> I can get that with
> .display _char(12) "This is the title at the top of my page"
>
> but of course I also get
> .display _char(12) "This is the title at the top of my page"
> printed as the last line of the preceding page.
>
> So if I am creating a text log file, I want to force a form
> feed and put a
> title at the top of the page.  I don't think a comment will work.

There may be a SMCL solution, but I am not sure that it
could be a completely unobtrusive, unless you retrospectively
edited your logs to remove all traces of it being invoked.