Re: st: RE: Another looping problem

From   David Kantor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Another looping problem
Date   Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:43:15 -0500

        drop if Country~="`Country'"
With this being in the loop, after it executes in the second iteration, you will have no observations left. (Unless you -use- your basis set each time, but that was not included in that loop.)

Having said that, I would agree with Nick's comment, that there are plenty of facilities for handling what you want to do without splitting up your set.

But I might add that I have also run into an enigmatic situation where Stata wanted another brace, and I couldn't figure out where it was allegedly missing. My program had worked previously, but this symptom began under Stata 8. I was able to run by setting version back to 6 or 7. But I never solved the puzzle as to what was wrong with my program -- if the fault was indeed in my program.

-- David

David Kantor
Institute for Policy Studies
Johns Hopkins University