RE: st: Multiple tests

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Multiple tests
Date   Fri, 4 Apr 2003 11:00:01 +0100

Ernest Berkhout

> Nick Cox wrote:
> >this won't work unless
> >
> >spring crsgpa frstsem
> >
> >is actually a varlist, and that doesn't seem guaranteed.

> Nick, could you please
> elaborate on what you
> mean with the above statement? Why is it not a varlist?

This was partially answered in my previous posting,
which crossed with this one from Ernest.

To expand,

spring crsgpa frstsem

are suffixes of variables

avgspring avgcrsgpa avgfrstsem
deltaspring ...

In his original posting, Ronnie did say that
he did start from variables -spring crsgpa frstsem-
so the suffixes are also a varlist, as
Ernest spotted, and exploited -- but I didn't,
so as said that was my mistake.

Still, technique for extracting suffixes
from a varlist with the same stub should
be of some wider interest.