st: Text editors FAQ

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Text editors FAQ
Date   Tue, 1 Apr 2003 19:24:20 +0100

While you all [sic] are having fun, some of us are
beavering away at revising the text editors FAQ. Kit Baum
has just drawn my attention to a press release
at http://www.barebones.com/company/press.php?news_id=83,
as below.

Company :: Press Releases :: 04/01/2003

Bare Bones Software Announces New Pricing Option
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Meredith Taitz, 781-687-0700, [email protected]

Bare Bones Software Announces New Pricing Option

BEDFORD, Mass. - April 1, 2003 - Bare Bones Software today announced
they have expanded their pricing options for BBEdit 7.0, the
award-winning professional HTML and text editor for the Macintosh.

Now available is the option to purchase a single user license of
BBEdit
with hand delivery by a Bare Bones Software employee and one full year
of personal service (including unlimited feature additions, ripping
the
cellophane off the CD, reading the manual aloud, and more). This
opportunity is only available for a limited time, at the special price
of US$250,000.

"At Bare Bones Software, we have set the industry standard for
customer
service and technical support," said Rich Siegel, founder, president,
and CEO of Bare Bones Software. "Many people didn't think we could
possibly offer better service; I'm happy to say that we've proven them
wrong."

Personal Service

Upon purchase of BBEdit at the price of US$250,000, you will receive
the following:

* a single-user license for BBEdit 7.0 on CD-ROM, hand-delivered to
your specified address by a Bare Bones Software employee wearing a
gorilla suit. (5% surcharge for street clothes.)

* a ceremonial breaking of the seal on the installation CD-ROM
(provided that you agree to the terms of the license agreement),
followed by installation of the software and creation of a backup.

* an interpretive reading of the BBEdit User Manual, online help, and
tech support FAQ web page.

* one year of feature request implementation service, provided by a
Bare Bones Software employee (4-6 weeks required for implementation)

Requirements for installation and delivery include:

* prepayment in the amount of US$250,000 (certified check only)
* an orderly and hygienic working environment, including a
refrigerator
full of microbrewed beer (20% surcharge for mass-market or "lite"
beer)
* on-site residence facilities, including a television and high-speed
(1mpbs+) Internet access (10% discount provided for home theater)