st: xtgls, # observations per group

From   Maria Popova <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: xtgls, # observations per group
Date   Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:14:05 -0500

Hi all,

Thanks for the answers to my question about lags.  I now have a new
question arising from the same data... I'm running several FGLS models and
I noticed that Stata does list-wise deletion and drops whole country-year
observations when one of the variables in the model has only one
country-year observation per country.  Can I tell Stata not to do
that?  Why is it doing it anyway?  I'm trying to replicate someone else's
analysis and it seems that his models include those observations that my
models drop...

Hopefully, the question makes sense...

Thanks!

Maria