st: subpopulation in the svy command

From   "Guanghui Li" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: subpopulation in the svy command
Date   Sun, 30 Mar 2003 22:26:43 -0800

Dear all,
I need to estimate a svypossion model and I am only interested in a
subpopulation.
I was curious to see how the "subpop" command would affect my results since
Stata Manual emphasized the importance of using "subpop" instead of "in".
Therefore, I estimated two models, one with the "subpop" command, the other
with the "if" command.
I was expecting to see different standard errors. However, I got different
coefficients in addition to different variances.
Based on what I read from the manual, I got the impression that only
variances would be affected by using the "if" command.
Could the coefficients be different?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Guanghui Li