st: RE: RE: RE: display of the results

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: display of the results
Date   Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:59:46 -0000

Jorge Tuesta Egusquiza

> > > I am working with a peruvian agricultural survey, in which
> > > I have problems
> > > with the display of the results... I need to expand the
> > > lenght of the column
> > > of labels in order to be able to see the complete name of
> > > the agricultural
> > > products.  These names require more than the 8 characters
> > > allowed in the
> > > svy_x.ado, and I am not able to distinguish between some of
> > > them as the 8
> > > first characters are the same, the differences between them
> > > rely on the variety of the product.

> > -svy_x- dates from STB-31 (1996). I think you need
> > to say what version of Stata you are using to get
> > the most relevant advice.

> i am using stata version 7 (seven)

-svy_x- is I think a helper routine which you don't access
directly; nevertheless it is incorporated in your Stata 7;
its introduction in STB-31 is just a matter of history.

Evidently some survey command in official Stata is not
giving you the detail you need. What did you type and
what output did you get?