Re: st: 2SLS with a censored endogenous variable

From   "Mark Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: 2SLS with a censored endogenous variable
Date   Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:09:32 -0000

You can use single-equation IV and it's consistent - no problem.
It's not hard to prove it or see that it's true because the standard
proof of consistency of IV doesn't depend on the functional form of
the equations your not estimating. ... But if you want a reference, I
think there's a paragraph about it in J. Angrist and A. Krueger,
"Instrumental Variables and the Search for Identification," Journal
of Economic Perspectives, Fall 2001.  Their reference is to an
endogenous variable that is a 1/0 outcome, but it's the same point.

Hope this helps.

--Mark