Re: st: list in stata8

From   "Steven A. Melnyk" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: list in stata8
Date   Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:22:17 -0500

I second this comment. I have used STATA for a long time and have always liked the speed. The new STATA amazes me because it is so slo-o-o-w. Nowhere is this more evident than in the list command. It is also evident in the pwcorr. I was doing a series of pwcorr analyses and usually STATA would rip through them -- so fast that you could not follow. Not this one -- it was so slow that I could see each result. So far, with the significant decrease in speed, I must admit that I am not impressed with V8.0. It seems to be a step back, not a step forward.

Steven A. Melnyk
Michigan State University