st: Re: line_options

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: line_options
Date   Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:07:14 -0600

In other words, the manual is right on this,
and the on-line help incorrect. The options
are -clcolor()- etc., not -lcolor() etc.

On page 280-282 [G], for twoway lfit the line_options are supposed to be the same as for graph twoway line. I turn to page 288 [G]. There I'm instructed those options are the same as for twoway scatter with a few exceptions related to use of markers, which I guess makes sense. So I turn to page 336 [G] and on 337 I see the option clcolor(colorstyle) for the color of a line under connect_options. Instead of doing this, my first reaction was common sense and looked up line-options on 388 [G] which states line color can be controlled by lcolor(). So while the manual is in fact correct it is also misleading. There should have been a statement/caveat that distinguished lcolor() from clcolor() and when to use each. Apologies if I missed such a statement.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/