Re: st: Questions about Stata 8 SE under Windows

From   Chinh Nguyen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Questions about Stata 8 SE under Windows
Date   Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:27:19 -0600

On Friday, February 14, 2003, at 08:50  AM, Sayer, Bryan wrote:

5. Under Windows, where does the permanent option of the set command store
these settings? I'm guessing the registry, but I need to know that it isn't
somehow associated with the installation folder.
The Windows version saves all preferences whether -set, permanently- or by a preferences dialog in the Registry. The Macintosh version saves them in the user's "$HOME/Library/Preferences/Stata 8 Preferences" file. The Unix version saves them in $HOME/.stata8/.

-Chinh Nguyen

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/