st: RE: RE: -indexplot- updated for Stata 8 on SSC

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: -indexplot- updated for Stata 8 on SSC
Date   Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:30:44 -0000

Nick Winter

> > The advent of Stata 8, and in particular its major
> > new graphics functionality, has drastic implications
> > for most previous user-written graphics add-ons.
> > Many are superseded by new commands, or made obsolete
> > by new features of new commands, and so must be consigned
> > to the oblivion of history, together with MS-DOS,
> > Rubik's cubes, Monkees albums, hula hoops and zoot suits
> > -- except of course if you are using Stata 7 or some
> other previous
> > version.
>
> I can't find the place in the manual where it says I have
> to wear a zoot
> suit to use Stata 7.  Maybe my results will come out better if I do?

Of course not. It is some of the user-written add-ons
that are obsolete for Stata 8 users and the reference
was primarily directed at some of my own programs. Several were
just working around some limitation of -graph-, and as
said are now superseded or obsolete.