st: Panel data

From   "Ronnie Babigumira" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Panel data
Date   Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:20:36 +0100

Tom, I am thinking you want general information on panel data methods. I
once asked and got some recommendations for helpful texts. Here are some
comments that were made

"I would suggest Wooldridge, "Introductory Econometrics" or Verbeek, "A
guide to modern econometrics" (Wiley, 2000). They are both general texts but
with good sections on panel data, with example data that are available in
Stata format.

"Hardin and Hilbe (2003), "Generalized Estimating Equations", Chapman &
Hall/CRC Press. It's in print and covers numerous other types of panel data
situations. Most examples use Stata. James Hardin is the author of Stata's
xtgee command, as well as many other panel data commands. It can be found on
the Stata web site bookstore."

I have begun to read Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data by
Jeffrey M. Wooldridge and it is a very good text. Stata datasets are
provided and u can look at some of the examples given

Hope this helps