Re: st: user written ado file

From   Philip Ryan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: user written ado file
Date   Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:35:22 +1030

1. Be sure that c:\ado is in your adopath (type -adopath- at the Stata prompt)
2. Be sure that the file name in disk is really "alpha.ado" and that Notepad has not added an extra ".txt" extension
3. Be sure that the program definition line in alpha.ado names the program as "alpha" and that this exactly (case and all) matches the file name. That is, in your editor, make sure that you have written:

program define alpha (or, in Stata 8, just: program alpha)

I goofed on (3) recently so I know how easy it is.

Phil