st: RE: Saving data in compressed format? - wishlist...

From   "Hoetker, Glenn" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Saving data in compressed format? - wishlist...
Date   Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:02:49 -0600

I would note that TDA (somewhat obscure, but very good, software
primarily for transition data analysis) has this feature to some degree.
Being able to pull a subset of variables or cases out of a massive
dataset without having to decompress the entire dataset can be very
helpful. TDA happens to use the .zoo format for historical reasons, but
zip would certainly be a more logical choice if starting fresh.

Thank you to the Stata staff for listening to our never-ending lists of
ways to improve an already great product.

Glenn

Glenn Hoetker
Assistant Professor of Strategy
College of Business Administration
217-265-4081
[email protected]
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm."
Sir Winston Churchill