st: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Referring to a varname, leading to errors

From   Lee Sieswerda <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Referring to a varname, leading to errors
Date   Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:14:33 -0500

Patrick,
Quite right. I did not intend to suggest that varname abbreviations couldn't
burn you accidentally. Quite the opposite. Indeed, particularly because I
never use, and hence do not rely on, varname abbreviations, I would
certainly be in favour of a -set-able option to disable them. My "in favour"
response to Nick's straw poll, however, comes with the qualification that I
don't plan to picket StataCorp's College Station office (campus for
semi-reformed academics?) if I don't get it. :-)   <--- note: smiley face
means I'm joking

Lee Sieswerda