st: RE: HTML/MIME: no!!!

From   "Richard Hoskins" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: HTML/MIME: no!!!
Date   Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:44:13 -0800

I guess I am missing something, but what is wrong with HTML?

R Hoskins

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 1:19 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: HTML/MIME: no!!!

Both privately to me and on-list, people today
have reported difficulties getting through to the list.

Well, that doesn't surprise me.

In both cases the posters used HTML and/or MIME encoding.

These forms are deprecated on Statalist and indeed the
software running Statalist attempts to trap such postings,
not always successfully.

We have many, many times requested that people not use
these forms. What is more, this request has been encapsulated
in the Statalist FAQ for some years, together with
a full explanation.

What more can we do to make this clear???

Plain ASCII please!